The Spark Innovation Programme in collaboration with the Acute Hospitals Division is delighted to introduce the Hospital Innovation Fund, an initiative designed to promote innovation in Irish Hospitals by funding senior-led hospital projects. This initiative offers funding from €20,000 up to a maximum of €60,000.
Senior healthcare professionals can apply for funding for novel initiatives that have the potential to improve the way care is delivered in our public health service.
The initiative will fund projects that:
- Add value to your hospital through increased delivery of best practice care, cost savings or increased capacity.
- Demonstrate new ways of working
- Encourage collaboration within the hospital and between organisations.
- Can be scaled up and transferred to other services or other hospitals.
- Show commitment to innovation from your hospital or hospital group.
In particular, we are looking for the following features in your project:
- An emphasis on sustainability and a commitment to reducing the carbon footprint of healthcare
- Evidence of innovative or design thinking
- Engagement with emerging technologies
This fund is designed to empower hospital staff to deliver innovative solutions to problems faced in the health service by all of its stakeholders. This initiative should be considered a substitute funding source for staff resources, usual renovations or routine equipment etc. The Hospital Innovation Fund opens 14th December 2021.
Eligibility of application:
- Hospital staff -Eligible Grades:
Doctors – Consultants and above
Nurses/Midwives – CNM3, ANP, ADON and above
Health and Social Care Professionals – Managers and above
- Signed approval for project from Hospital CEO, Deputy CEO, COO or Operations Manager is required.
Applications must be made using the application form by 5pm on the 21st of January 2022. Please follow the link here. Applicants should refer to the Applicant’s Guide for further details when completing the application. Please note that incomplete applications and proposals for ineligible items/funding of job posts will not be considered.
Best of luck!
The Spark Team.
This initiative is a cross-department, multi-stakeholder initiative made possible by funding from the following bodies:
- Health Service Executive – Acute Operations
- Health Service Executive – Office of the Chief Clinical Officer
- National Doctors Training and Planning
- Office of Nursing and Midwifery Services Director
- Health and Social Care Professions